Friday, December 9

Is the B'day Boy Invited?

We are quickly going through 2011. I am excited about right now and what 2012 will bring!
I love Christmas, I love the merryness of it all. I love being with family and friends. I love having a good christmas meal! It's wonderful and I am all for it.
What I can't stand is if we forget to invite the B'day boy to his own party!
Many of us have taken the merry making to an extreme and have lost sight of the true meaning of Christmas. Please don't get me wrong I love that Christmas brings so many of us together. Maybe it's the only time of the year that you get to see your family and that's great. Just don't forget Jesus in it!
I can imagine I would feel dissappointed and hurt if people would make my birthday a worldwide holiday but would rather have fun without me in any of it (I am human after all). And I imagine, if they are celebrating my birthday they should know me and love me.
For Christmas, Jesus is the reason for the season. 
And there's only one thing you really need to know about Him... "He loves you more than you can imagine, and He wants you to know, accept and experience that." 
His birth caused so much joy and celebrating His birthday today brings and will bring even more joy to countless people.
Jesus loves to see us happy, He loves seeing us enjoy this life we have.
He also hurts when we hurt. 
Hope you will take a moment to acknowledge Him this Christmas. If you don't know Him, get to know Him. It is not about a tradition or a religion. About how many services you go to. Or how many psalms or hymns or worship songs you can sing to Him.  
You were created by Him as an expression of Love. 
It's a relationship that He wants from you.
God bless and remember you are valued!

1 comment: