Friday, July 17

In His Presence:Part 2 (Ps 112)

Alright, I’m hoping that this will be a series that can be helpful to all generations.
But I want to talk to the young adults, the ones our previous generations call the “hormonal emo generation”. I, from personal experience know that we waver on whether we want to get married, want to have children, what sort of boys we as girls want and for the guys what you want in girls and have all these questions and doubts.

I made a decision a year ago since I was battling with it myself that I would know in time. There is no point of wasting our time thinking about these things if it is not time. I have met boys and girls that are desperate to find answers or find partners way before their time, get their heart broken a zillion times till they get fed up of what they think is right or who they see as the right person.
At the same time I have met couples that got married when they were 19 or 20 and love each other intimately. What I noticed about them is that they were really mature for their age and knew in their heart they would be fine.
My suggestion is wait and in time just as they knew you will.

God loves a pure heart and from there will come an opportunity to have a pure relationship. For some you get used to the idea of dating, it’s almost like a mundane thing while for others you lose respect for the opposite sex and your way of thinking is damaged because you have walked into relationships way too fast and for the wrong reasons.

In all honesty I love being single. I love that I have time to myself to find identity with God in me than a guy’s arms around me that came because of desperation.

So why does this all matter with this one verse. Today’s culture on dating, relationships and sex is perverted that’s why. I encourage you to find your identity first. It could mean growing up emotionally and spiritually and being complete in Him. For some it may mean something else that I don’t know of.

“Your children will be mighty in the land”. I hope and in a way declare my kids will be warriors for God. They will run the race God has asked them to run. Whether it be through ministry or through a standard office position they will fulfill all that God has in store for them.
I want my kids to be blessed and I want to see the result of my sowing in their lives and their kids lives. My sowing would be to live a life that is pure, holy and upright in the eyes of God. As scripture holds my kids will be blessed from it.

Stop living your life just for yourself and just for today. For the momentary pleasures or the temporary desperation relief that may lead to the birth of a precious child you won't be ready to handle and maybe make decisions not wise or correct. Live your lives for your future, your kids, your grand kids. I know there will be a big blessing in it.

Psalms 112:2 “Their children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment