Saturday, July 25

In His Presence:Part 4 (Ps 112): Generous Hearts

As you read Ps 112 a few times you will realize that it mentions gracious hearts and generosity all through out. I believe that the more time you spend in His presence, the more active you will be with your faith. If you aren’t active, then you have to think about it.
When He is inside you, He will live through you. The Holy Spirit is waiting to do amazing things through you. In His presence, you are brought to what His will is for you and what you can do for His people. God is about people like He is about you. So don’t think that it was or is only about you. Get out of that mindset and set your eyes on His will.
Ps 112,Vs 4 “Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.”
Even in circumstances, His light will shine through. There will be answers and solutions even when no one is standing by you. For those who are gracious, compassionate and righteous. Give, give with all your heart, Give from your heart. Don’t let anyone talk you in or out of giving. You need your own conviction about giving. And giving is about money, time, attention, prayer, love, hugs. These are few most important things people forget or don’t want to give anymore and it is the very thing that is causing a lot of the issues, confusion and so on in society.
I have seen the fruit of my giving and I have personally had a fight in myself about what I need to give and where I need to give and in what form I need to give. And continuously I would hear the Holy Spirit “be open to my counsel, be open to what I have to say and be obedient to what I ask you to do and you will see the fruit.” I have seen so many different blessings, in so many different shapes and forms. He will come through. He will bless. You just need to blindly trust!
“Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely”...blessings lie ahead of you for being obedient to Him and not giving because it will get you noticed or because you name is on that envelope or card. Lend freely. Encourage people, put a bible in someone’s hand, put a good worship CD in the hands of a teenager, put a laptop in the hands of a struggling student, put flowers in the hands of a widower, put a job in the hands of an unemployed, put meals in the hands of a crying father or a single mother, put a number of childcare and money in the hands of an exhausted parent. Good will come…
“…who conduct their affairs with justice”. I love this line because of how people including myself deal with circumstances. Being here in college has given me opportunities to learn from other people’s experiences and also to be a part of it and understand how to respond to different situations and while being very sensitive to what the Holy Spirit wants me to do and say.
Conduct your affairs, your circumstances, your issues with justice meaning impartiality, fairness, righteousness, evenhandedness, fair dealing, honesty, integrity etc.

Prayer:
Lord, put a fire in our bellies and a river in our mouths cause we are born to praise you and live You to and in this world. Father, bring us back to your presence again and again and again and use us for Your glory alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment