Thursday, June 11

God's Kingdom culture Part 3

Along the lines of God's Kingdom Culture...
I have to say that I am very proud of a friend of mine, through the good and bad times she listens to the voice of God.
She was headed home after a long and wearing day of babysitting. As she drove along she was hit by a car. It took her a few minutes to put together that she had been hit. Slowly she got out of the car and checked the boot side. Minimal damage which is a completely God thing. She looked towards the car that had just hit her and was flabbergasted at the fact that the lady that had hit her hadn't even bothered to get out of the car. She walked towards the other car and knocked on the window. The lady rolled down the window. She had a cold face on and asked my friend if the car had damages. To which my friend said, not much but the point is that you hit my car and laughed in shock at the lady's behavior. The lady then burst into tears and explained what a rough day she had had.
My friend that was now running on adrenaline, but listening asked if she could pray for her. As she finished praying, the lady looked at her and said and I am paraphrasing "I sat in the car and said God if you are real,you have to show me. Life can't get any worse for me" and then she hit my friend's car. Talk about an awkward God moment.
My friend said "Now you know, do you wanna become a Christian?" and she said yes.
What I want to point out, out of this incident is two things. Obedience and surrender. On the other side of her obedience, there was a woman's broken heart waiting to be restored. On the other side of her surrender, she giving up her wants, was the new beginning for this lady.
On the other side of Jesus' obedience to His father was the salvation of the world.
Yet again we are brought back to my previous blog: self sacrificing attitude. God switched me on to help one life. God switched my friend on to bring salvation and comfort to another life. Imagine how many lives we can change if we all switched on or are listening to His beautiful spirit and quiet voice?

Spread the Kingdom culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment