Monday, June 8

"I feel the decision in the air!"

I walked in and out the college office six times. It wasn't the first time i had walked around like that. Lately I have been indecisive. I've been fooling around cause I can't choose sides. I want to be at two places at once. I want to feel this and that. I want to read one and the other. Oh my word! even the smallest decisions like choosing a shampoo has become hard.
I don't really know why I was acting like this.
Probably because I had a lot on my mind. Probably because I wasn't sleeping enough. Maybe I didn't spend enough time in the word of God. Maybe its' the quiet time. Maybe I need to give myself a break. Maybe this probably that......
I finally pulled courage out of every bone in my body and walked into the college office. I asked the lady at the desk where to hand in my application, handed it in and walked out. It took forever to fill in and one second to hand in...I hope this is worth it.

It was done!
Often times when we are going to do something different, something new, something fresh we have these tingles, sending shivers down our spine, making the hair on the back of our head stand up, in our gut. We are often freaking out and can't find the courage within us to do it, cause it's too new,too out of the ordinary and certainly out of our hands. But with it also comes the excitement, the questions "what if this goes well?, what if I achieve what I always dreamed about?, what if I do it right this time?"
I knew I had jumped and hoped I would land in the right spot.

There are three things that helped me make and act upon that decision:
1. Prayer and confirmation. We don't need the pastors' to lay hands on us and prophesy over us for everything. We have the Holy Spirit that will help us discern whether or not it is right.
2. Going through the research and the paperwork will allow us to understand whether this is an option for our ministry or calling or college or work or whatever else concerns us.
3. Stepping out of the ordinary. My life has been way too ordinary for a long time. I have loved and lived as the people around me have. I have moved, walked, listened to the music that was a part of the everyday. But in the everyday I have to challenge myself in the little things, to make a drastic change, to dare to dream big.

Yes, the little things matter. It is those little things that define your everyday to extra-ordinary memories worth remembering 200 years after you are dead. Think about that one...
I have noticed that it is decision- making time for a lot of people including myself. Let me challenge you to make wise, different, God-centered, extremely-awkward decisions that will be new and will affect the church to grow and excel in the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment